Sunday, July 29, 2012

Oklahoma Joe's BBQ Restaurant Opens New Location In Leawood, KS

BBQ Ribs and Pulled Pork
The New Oklahoma Joe's Restaurant Will Leave A Tasty Flavor In Your Mouth

When I heard that Oklahoma Joe's was opening a third BBQ restaurant in Leawood, KS, I was ecstatic.

I love Oklahoma Joe's, but the other two locations in Mission and Olathe aren't that close to me, so I don't go there very often.

This new one, however, is much closer to home, so unfortunately for my waistline, I will probably be visiting there a little more frequently.

Last Friday night, armed with hungry stomachs and large appetites, my family and I piled into the car and made our first trip to the Leawood Oklahoma Joe's to put the restaurant and our taste buds to the test. 

Since it was a busy weekend night, it was no surprise when we got there that the line was out the door, but that leads me to my first dislike about Oklahoma Joe's - their cafeteria-style setup  (the other is their baked beans - I don't think anyone can beat Jack Stack's baked beans.)

Ordering At Oklahoma Joe's
I am not a fan of restaurants where I have to stand in a line to order, carry my own tray of food and then finally find my own table.

Maybe I'm lazy, but I like places where I can make a reservation, go in and be seated right away, and have a waiter or waitress bring everything to me.

That being said, Oklahoma Joe's is worth the extra effort, and they handled the large crowd that evening quiet well.  The restaurant was adequately staffed, they moved the line along quickly and everyone seemed to work quite cohesively together - especially considering that they just opened.

I was also pleased that once we received our food, there was someone there to help us carry our trays and assist us in finding a table.  In fact, for as large as the dinner crowd was, I never saw anyone waiting for a table, and as soon as a table was vacated, it was promptly cleaned off and readied for the next group of hungry eaters.

The staff was also good about quickly clearing our dishes away when we were done eating (without us having to flag them down), and they happily supplied us with all the to-go boxes that we needed.   

The Z-Man Sandwich with Onion Rings
Now let's talk about the food.   It was hot.  It was fresh, and it was as delicious as always, tasting just like the mouth-watering BBQ at the other two locations.

As far as the side items, their fries and onion rings were wonderful, but I do wish they would expand the side item menu to include some more veggie and potato choices.

The restaurant itself was clean, the staff was courteous, and the entire Oklahoma Joe's experience left a good flavor in my mouth - meaning that I'll be going back for more!

If you would like to visit the new Oklahoma Joe's restaurant, which opened on July 5, it is located in the former T.G.I. Fridays at 11723 Roe in Leawood, KS.  Their phone number is 913.338.5151, and their hours are :

Monday-Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
CLOSED SUNDAY

 
Oklahoma Joe's New Location In Leawood, KS


Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue on Urbanspoon


4 comments:

  1. The pictures you take of the food would make anyone hungry. Good review..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And trust me, the food was good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The seasoned tofu was spicy enough to be interesting without being oppressive, Food Truck Wedding Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is helpful, nonetheless it can be crucial so that you can check out the following website: https://kitchentoolsclub.com/best-gas-charcoal-grill-combo-reviews/amp/

    ReplyDelete