Monday, October 1, 2012

KC BBQ Is A Scrumptious Food Choice At Kansas City's First Fridays

Brisket Sandwich w/chips, pickle and drink
Heading to Kansas City's Crossroads District for First Fridays is a great way to spend an evening...a little art, a little entertainment, and some really good food.

But what has made First Fridays even better over the last year or so are the numerous food trucks that are now allowed to set up shop (you can find them all at approximately 21st and Wyandotte) and serve anything from tacos to snow-balls.

On one recent trip to First Fridays I decided to try the offerings of the KC BBQ truck.  First of all, it was hard to miss.  It was a huge red truck with flames on the side.  But what really drew me to them were the free pulled pork and brisket samples they were handing out - yummy!
The KC BBQ Truck At First Fridays

As I ravenously checked out their menu, not only were my taste buds pleased with their delicious "teaser" meat samples, my nose was happy as well.  Coming from their truck was the irristible smell of fresh smoked meat.

On the menu that evening was either a pulled pork or brisket sandwich with chips and a pickle for $7 or a rib basket with either potato salad or coleslaw for $8.

They also offered several kinds of soda, bottled water and frozen lemonade.  The side items by themselves (potato salad and coleslaw) were $2.

Lots of BBQ Sauces To Choose From
I ordered the brisket sandwich with chips, and it was delicious.  I also had my choice of four different BBQ sauces - mild, sassy, zesty and hot.  Additionally, they had onion and pickle slices available to top off their sandwiches.

After I wolfed down my food, I told the gentlemen working on the KC BBQ truck how much I enjoyed my meal and that I was going to write about them in my blog.  They were nice enough to answer questions about their business and give me a tour of their truck.

Inside The KC BBQ Food Truck
When I stepped inside, the first thing I noticed was how clean it was.  I also noticed that besides a full kitchen, they had two built-in smokers in the truck.  And when they opened those smokers, the smell made me want to eat all over again.

I also learned that KC BBQ has been catering for aproximately eight years.  They work most First Fridays, state fairs, and cater for many special events in the area.

Imagine How Good This Smells!
I found their brisket to be juicy, flavorful and a choice I would make again.  They also stressed to me they only make and serve what they call "honest food."  That means their premium cuts of meat are minimally processed, the rubs they use are MSG free, they don't believe in using fillers or "mystery solutions" to enhance taste, and they only use fresh, natural ingredients for all of their dishes.

So, with First Fridays coming up again at the end of this week, if you find yourselves in the Crossroads and hungry, consider giving KC BBQ a try.  I don't think you'll be sorry, and you might even find yourself heading back for more!


 
KC BBQ at the Crossroads


KC BBQ Truck on Urbanspoon











3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. which was thinly-sliced pork surrounded by lime-scented carrots and other veggies, as well as herbs and a savory sauce. Los Angeles Catering

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corporate Catering Great thread it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete