Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Where Can You Find One of the Best Tenderloin Sandwiches in Kansas City?

Small tenderloin sandwich with onion rings from Pop's Cafe

Pop’s Café Serves Up One Tasty Tenderloin Sandwich


When I heard that Pop’s Café in Independence had one of the best tenderloin sandwiches in Kansas City, I was skeptical.  After all, the place is a tiny, nothing-to-look-at diner next to what looks like a no-tell motel on 40 Hwy in Independence.

Never the less, I decided to give it a try, and boy, am I glad that I did.  The tenderloin sandwich was hand-breaded, delicious, and best of all, not greasy.  I actually had a choice of either a small tenderloin for $5.79 or a large one for $6.79, and both are served with lettuce, pickle, onion, mayo, and horseradish. 

The sandwich normally comes with chips, but there are also several other side-item choices including french fries, steak fries, tater tots or onion rings for a slight upcharge.

What pleased me further was that, although not fancy, this family-owned restaurant was clean, and the service was quick and friendly. 

Even better, I discovered that for a small place, Pop’s has a decent menu selection including several other sandwich choices, burgers, dinners, breakfast, daily specials, and homemade pies. 

On the day I was there, the place was packed, and everyone seemed to be enjoying the food and old-fashioned diner experience.  Plus, everything that came out of the mom-and-pop kitchen looked homemade and smelled wonderful.

So, not only will I be going back for another tenderloin soon, I will be going back to try some of their other menu offerings as well.  

If you're looking for an inexpensive place to find a great tenderloin, Pop's Cafe is the place to go.

Pop’s Café is located at 15014 E US 40 Hwy in Independence, with the following hours:

Mon-Fri: 6:00AM-8:00PM
Sat: 6:00AM-8:00PM
Sun: 7:00AM-4:00PM

Pop's Cafe in Independence



Pop's Café on Urbanspoon
 

1 comment:

  1. I agree! This place isn't fancy, but their tenderloin sandwiches are good!

    ReplyDelete